Pages


Saturday, March 13, 2010

2010 NFFS Sympo - Sergio Montes

This year I have the honour to be appointed Editor for the 2010 NFFS Symposium. This is a great and most influential publication for us Free Flight aficionados and I would like this issue to be as successful as the past ones. Each Sympo is a mixture of the old and the new, some history and some thoughts for the future, and in the middle is what is happening now. We have lived through the Balsa Wood revolution of the 1930's, the Glow Engine revolution of the 50's, Russian Design revolution of the 90's and now a wide-ranging Publishing and Electronic revolution that is deeply affecting what we build and fly. To reflect on this incredible interesting past and equally fascinating future I need your thoughts and suggestions for articles and also complete articles, too! I will give special importance on plans for incorporating more young people to Free Flight by emphasizing its many challenges, the craft, as well as the physical, intellectual and character building aspects that go with the competition. You can contact me by email where I will be most appreciative of your comments and ideas.